Veteran-Owned Business Verification
- Verified Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
- Verified Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB)
- Certification Designations: DVVOSB/VOSB
- Race Conscious: NO
- Gender Conscious: NO
- Re-Certification: Bi-Annual
- Graduation: None
- Approval Timeline: Initial Approval 50-60 Days; Final Verification 120-180 Days
- Cost: Free
- Website: www.vetbiz.gov
Overview (Download PDF)
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Has Special Authority for Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business/Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB/VOSB) set-aside and sole source contracts Public Law (P.L.) 109-461 entitled “Veterans Benefits, Health Care, and Information Technology Act of 2006” provides VA with unique authority for contracting with SDVOSB and VOSB. A new procurement hierarchy within VA for open market procurements was created which places our highest priority with SDVOB followed by VOSB. These are followed by 8(a), HUBZone, Woman-Owned Small Business, then all other Small Businesses. This procurement authority, and its subsequent implementation, is a logical extension of VA’s mission, to care for our nation’s Veterans. VA refers to this program as the Veterans First Contracting Program.
As a part of the VA’s Veterans First Program, contract set-asides are available for Veteran Owned Small Businesses and Service Disabled Small Businesses; however, an applicant must be verified to qualify.
Verification is the process by which a Veteran is evaluated and determined eligible to be listed in the Vendor Information Pages (VIP) database. The Center for Veterans Enterprise is the office within VA that manages the verification process and verifies VOSB/SDVOSBs for inclusion in the VetBiz database. In order to qualify for participation in the VA Veterans First Contracting Program, eligible business owners must first be verified. Being verified as Veteran-owned small business (VOSB) or service-disabled Veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) allows your business to participate in programs and respond to business opportunities that are only available to Veteran-owned or service-disabled Veteran-owned small businesses, once the final Veterans Affairs Acquisition Regulation (VAAR) is published.
Benefits of verification:
- Verified firms receive priority contracting opportunities under VA's Veterans First Buying Authority;
- Verified firms receive special consideration for Federal contracting opportunities from prime contractors and federal government agencies;
- Verified firms receive notices of contracting opportunities; and
- Verified firms receive information and news affecting Veteran-Owned and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned businesses.
Businesses that are owned, managed and controlled by honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible for participation in the VA Veterans First Contracting Program upon verification.
- Create a User account in Vendor Information Pages (VIP) to register your business with VetBiz.
- Enter business owner information. You will enter business owner information, veteran status and ownership percentages if you qualify.
- Business owner 0877 e-Signature(s). Business owners will be notified via email that the ownership (VA Form 0877) forms are ready to be reviewed and e-Signed.
- Enter business information. You will enter business information and submit your business for verification.
- Submitted for verification. Department of Veteran Affairs Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE) will screen your eligibility and determine whether you have provided all required information for verification.
- Need additional information. You will provide additional information for your business if you receive any requests from Department of Veterans Affairs Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE) via email.
- Verification. Your business is in verification by Department of Veterans Affairs Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE).
- Complete. Your application has been completed by Department of Veterans Affairs Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE).
The Verification Application Portal
- Download the VetBiz Verification Information Package (25 pgs.)