EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH SCHOOL SYSTEM FAIR SHARE PROGRRAM
- MBE, WBE AND/OR DBE ('M/W/DBE') Certification
- Race Conscious: YES (MBE Only)
- Gender Conscious: YES (WBE Only)
- Re-Certification: Annual
- Graduation: None
- Approval Timeline: 15-30 Days
- Cost: Free
- Website: www.ebrschools.org
OVERVIEW (Download PDF)
East Baton Rouge Parish School System (EBRPSS) adopted the Fair Share Program in July 2009 and the Minority and Women Business Enterprise Procurement Policy in July 2011.
It is the policy of the EBRPSS to provide equal opportunities to all contractors and bidders. The EBRPSS specifically encourages Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (M/W/DBEs) to fully participate in all phases of its procurement and contracting opportunities and to afford them a full and fair opportunity to compete for District contracts. The Board establishes an annual goal of at least twenty (20%) percent for M/W/DBE participation in contract and procurement opportunities.
The Board also encourages M/WBEs to acquire Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification through one of the certifying agencies provided for in the Louisiana Unified Certified Program for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises. DBE certification is preferred and strongly encouraged.
The Superintendent of Schools shall provide a quarterly report to the Board as to the effectiveness of reaching and maintaining the annual goal. The Superintendent of Schools shall require that all contracts and purchases require contractors and vendors to maintain Equal Employment Opportunity Policies.
The EBRPSS Fair Share Program (“Program”) seeks to enforce the EBRPSS’s policy of providing and ensuring contracting and procurement opportunities for M/W/DBEs and to level the playing field for M/W/DBEs that wish to do business with the EBRPSS. Program managers for EBRPSS, CSRS and Aramark, along with EBRPSS departments and individual schools are all charged with complying with the Program to ensure contracting and procurement opportunities for M/W/DBEs.
- Twenty percent (20%) utilization of Minority and Women Business Enterprises (M/W/DBEs) in the procurement of goods and services by EBRPSS;
- Provide optimum customer service to M/W/DBEs; and
- Create key partnerships in the local community and throughout the state of Louisiana.
 Goods and Services include, but are not limited to, professional services, materials, and supplies. For example, general construction, plumbing contractors, electrical contractors, specialty contractors, audio visual equipment, furniture, copy machines, trophies, stamps, bus cameras, interactive student boards, playground materials, and laptops.
- The firm must be an independent business, organized for profit, and legally licensed to do business in Louisiana that is owned by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who is a member of one of the following groups-
- Woman or ethnic minority: Black/African-American, Hispanic-/Latin-American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American or Pacific Islander
- The eligible owner must control the firm’s managerial and day-to-day operations;
- The eligible owner(s) must own at least 51% of the business;
- The eligible owner must have both the legal authority and technical ability to control the firm. If the state of Louisiana requires a professional license to perform the firm’s line of work, the eligible owner must hold this license, even if the owner is not the one performing the work.
NOTE: Out of state firms that do not have a physical office location in Louisiana may be required to have a Louisiana Business License in order to participate as an eligible firm.
- Download and complete the EBRPSS Fair Share Application.
- If your firm is a certified DBE through the Louisiana Department of Transportation, download and complete the EBRPSS Fair Share Application- DBEs.
- ALL applicants must complete the EBRPSS Vendor Form.
- Return the application and required documents to the address below for review and approval.
EBRPSS CERTIFICATION APPLICATIONS
Agency contact information is included in the PDF Overview above