Certification Application Tools
- E-Z DBE Financial Statements: Our newest dbe certification tool includes three easy-to-complete financial statements in microsoft excel: 3-year profit & Loss Statement, 3-Year Balance sheet and a Personal Net Worth statement.
- E-Z Adjusted Personal Net Worth Form: use this form to calculate personal net worth after excluding an individual's ownership interest in the applicant firm, and his or her equity in their primary residence.
- E-Z Resume: Use our new PDF Fillable form to prepare a resume suitable for submission with your certification application.
- E-Z Organization Chart: Use our new PDF fillable organization chart to easily present your company's staff and/or departments.
- E-Z Capability Statement Worksheet: Use this worksheet as a guide to writing a clear, concise and powerful capability statement for your company.
- E-Z Capability Statement: Once you have completed the capability statement worksheet, use our PDF fillable form to prepare your company's capability statement.
- E-Z INDEXER: Use the INDEXER to clearly identify each supporting document submitted with your DBE application.
- E-Z Operating Agreement: Limited Liability Companies need an operating agreement. Use our PDF Fillable form to create an Operating Agreement in less than 30 minutes.
- E-Z Bylaws: Corporations need Bylaws to guide their operation. Use our PDF Fillable form to create your corporate Bylaws in less than 15 minutes.
- E-Z Stock Certificate: USe this PDF fillable form to document each owner's shares in a corporation.
- E-Z Membership Certificate: Use this PDF fillable form to document each member's ownership in a limited liability company.
- U.S. Department of Transportation Personal Financial Statement: this is the personal net worth statement required for submission with a federal certification application (For example, LAUCP DBE, RTA SBE or SBA 8(a)).
- Sample completed U.S. Department of Transportation SBE application.
- Socially Disadvantaged Eligibility (Definition) [Source: www.sba.gov]
- Economic Disadvantage Eligibility (Definition) [Source: www.sba.gov]
- LAUCP DBE Program Guide [Source: laucp.org]
- 8(A) Program Users Guide [Source: www.sba.gov]
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Compliance Guide [Source: www.sba.gov]
- GSA and Small Business Utilization [Source: www.gsa.gov]
- Fed Biz Opps Vendor Guide [Source: www.fbo.gov]
- Top SAM.GOV FAQs [Source: www.sam.gov]
- HUD Section 3 Program FAQs [Source: www.hud.gov]
*START SMART IS PROVIDING THESE CERTIFICATION APPLICATION TOOLS TO ASSIST IN THE DBE CERTIFICATION PROCESS. START SMART IS NOT PROVIDING LEGAL OR ACCOUNTING ADVICE OR SERVICES BY PROVIDING THE DOCUMENTS FOR USE. START SMART SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY, LOSS OR RISK INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM USE OF ANY OF THE DOCUMENTS INCLUDED IN THE CERTIFICATION APPLICATION TOOLS OR ON THIS SITE.