City/Parish of Baton Rouge
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Certification
- Certification Designation: SBE
- Race Conscious: NO
- Gender Conscious: NO
- Re-Certification: Annual
- Graduation: None
- Approval Timeline: 30-90 Days
- Cost: Free
- Website: www.brgov.com
Overview (Download PDF)
The City/Parish of East Baton Rouge has established the Small Business Enterprise (SBE) certification program to grow small businesses and to help prepare them to become more competitive when competing for City-Parish contracts. Certification provides several benefits to small businesses:
- You will receive notices of formal and informal City/Parish contracting opportunities available for bid;
- Your company will be included in the city-wide SBE database;
- You will be invited to attend our Doing Business with the Baton Rouge networking sessions; and
- You can attend exclusive business training programs such as Contractor’s College® and NXTLevel®.
A business must be certified as through the Louisiana Unified Certification Program as a DBE that provides evidence of certification along with a signed affidavit qualifies as a City/Parish of Baton Rouge SBE; or
- A business that is licensed and for-profit;
- A business that does not exceed the small business size standards as established by the U.S. Small Business Administration for the firm’s primary NAICS code;
- A business that perform a legal, commercially useful function;
- A business that has been actively in business for at least one year;
- A business with 51% or more of the ownership in the business is by a socially and economically disadvantaged owner. A socially and economically disadvantage owner is one who has a personal net worth under $1,320,000.00 (exclusions apply. See the SBE application for details).
- Download and complete the SBE application.
- Download and complete the Personal Net Worth Statement.
- Sign and notarize the DBE/SBE Affidavit.
- Hand deliver or mail the required documents for approval.
- Current LAUCP Certified DBE’s may become a SBE by submitting a copy of their DBE certification letter and notarizing the DBE/SBE Affidavit.
The SBE Certification Application Package
The application is also available online at: